To the Families, Friends and Visitors of our school.
Fáilte go dtí Scoil Barra Naofa, Cailíní I gCathair Chorcaí!
It is my pleasure to welcome you to our website which will give you an insight into the joyful learning experiences undertaken by the pupils of Beaumont Girls National School. The role of Principal in this wonderful school community is both an honour and a privilege.
At the heart of every great school is a great staff and we are no exception. The teachers here have a passion for teaching and learning alongside the experience and confidence to lead the process in a productive and enjoyable way.
Our pupils receive a well rounded education where talents are recognised and nurtured, where self esteem and confidence are built and where potential is realised. All this takes place in a happy, relaxed atmosphere where the children love to learn and love to just be.
2019-2020 promises to be an exciting year. Through thoughtful strategic planning we will strive to take Beaumont GNS to an aspiring new level of educational quality and provision:
- This academic year will see us prioritising the use of digital technologies at all class levels and we have purchased eighteen ipads for classroom use.
- We will be introducing the concept of coding in our infant classes through the use of Bee Bots.
- We have successfully launched Ready, Set, Go Maths in our junior infant class.
- We are supplementing our SPHE curriculum with the Weaving Wellbeing programme and our fourth class will also be taking part in the Roots of Empathy programme.
- We are also delighted to be involved in a Teacher/Artist Partnership initiative whereby we will be working with an artist in residence focusing on drama and puppetry.
- Our senior infant and first classes will be busy embedding our reading initiative CAPER(children and parents enjoying reading).
- Our joyful School Garden now boasts a new greenhouse as we continue to develop little green fingers.
- We are also looking forward to taking part in Bord Bia's Food Dudes programme which ties in well with our Health Promoting School status.
We look forward to facilitating the meaningful involvement of parents in their own child’s education through whole school projects and learning initiatives such as those mentioned above.
We will continue to collaborate with our dedicated Board of Management, our supportive Patron and our very active Parents Association who support us through fundraising and the organisation of events and festive activities. Thank you for visiting our site.
Is mise le meas