The new date for the Sacrament of Confirmation is Sat Sept 19th @ 12 noon in St Michael's Church, Blackrock.
The new date for the Sacrament of First Holy Communion is Sat Oct 3rd @ 10 am in St Michael's Church, Blackrock.
To the Families, Friends and Visitors of our school.
Fáilte go dtí Scoil Barra Naofa, Cailíní Cathair Chorcaí!
It is my pleasure to welcome you to our website which will give you an insight into the joyful learning experiences undertaken by the pupils of Beaumont Girls National School. The role of Principal in this wonderful school community is both an honour and a privilege.
At the heart of every great school is a great staff and we are no exception. The teachers here have a passion for teaching and learning alongside the experience and confidence to lead the process in a productive and enjoyable way.
Our pupils receive a well rounded education where talents are recognised and nurtured, where self esteem and confidence are built and where potential is realised. All this takes place in a happy, relaxed atmosphere where the children love to learn and love to just be.
We look forward to facilitating the meaningful involvement of parents in their own child’s education through whole school projects and learning initiatives such as those mentioned above.
We will continue to collaborate with our dedicated Board of Management, our supportive Patron and our very active Parents Association who support us through fundraising and the organisation of events and festive activities. Thank you for visiting our site.
Is mise le meas
Dear Parent / Guardian, Staff Member,
RE: Re-opening of Scoil Barra Naofa,Cailíní.
I hope you and your families are keeping well.
As you are aware, our school has now been closed since 12th March due to the COVID-19 situation. We are now hoping to re-open our school safely, in line with current guidance and recommendations.
Re-opening the school safely will require the co-operation of all members of our School Community – BoM, School Leadership, Staff, Parents and Pupils. We will all be called on to play our part in ensuring that re-opening of the school is done in a safe manner which prevents the spread of the virus and allows the vital work of Teaching and Learning to proceed with as little disruption as possible.
We have been working on our plan for the safe reopening of the school for some weeks and we are preparing a DES COVID-19 Response Plan for the safe and sustainable reopening of Primary and Special Schools. The Response Plan gives details of
- Physical preparation, signage, hand sanitiser stations,
- Advice, procedures and training for the safe return to working in the school for all school staff and pupils
- General and specific advice on how all pupils, staff, parents and visitors will prevent the spread of the virus
Please see attached our COVID-19 Policy Statement . Our BoM will keep you informed as to the progress of our re-opening plans and provide you with the information required by you to play your part in safely re-opening the school.
We are really looking forward to welcoming our children back to school and will be doing all that we can to ensure that the return to school is a safe and enjoyable experience for the children. We will be in touch with you again before school re-opens.
Eleanor Crowley Marge O’Brien
Cathaoirleach, An Bhóird Bainistíochta Príomhoide
COVID-19 Policy Statement.
Scoil Barra Naofa Cailíní is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and a safe learning environment for all our pupils. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Response Plan. The BOM and all school staff are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus. We will:
- continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff
- provide up to date information to our staff and pupils on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and
- display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct handwashing techniques
- agree with staff, a worker representative who is easily identifiable to carry out the role outlined in this plan
- inform all staff and pupils of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
- adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with the guidance and direction of the Department of Education
- keep a contact log to help with contact tracing
- ensure staff engage with the induction / familiarisation briefing provided by the Department of Education
- implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 while atschool
- provide instructions for staff and pupils to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during schooltime
- implement cleaning in line with Department of Education advice
All school staff will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
This can be done through the Lead Worker Representative(s), who will be supported in line with the agreement between the Department and education partners.
Signed: Eleanor Crowley Date: 4/08/2020
Signed: Marge O’Brien Date: 4/8/2020